Friday, January 30, 2009
2. Write about ten things you love that begin with that letter.
3. Post the list on your blog.
4. When people comment on your list, you assign them a letter (or let them pick one), and the game continues.
I've been assigned the letter "L" so here goes:
1. I love LOVE! Romantic love, family love, nature-love, friendship-love, the Love of God...you get the idea.
2. Language: I love words and the fun that they offer, their infinite variety and the potential for expression that lies therein. Also, languages other than English!
3. Letters: I love to receive mail, and I like to write letters, too.
4. Literature: I am an avid reader, and not just the "greats;" biography, history, poetry, travel, autobiography, spirituality (and magazines, like wedding ones...)
5. Laughter: I love the way my parents make me laugh and keep me in stiches... Ramon makes me laugh too, but because he loves me so much.
6. Listening to the sound of waves...especially from our bedroom window, or walking on the beach.
7. Lemon icees.
8. Learning about a variety of things. Crafts, art, music, current events, people's stories, Bible studies, wisdom of the ages...
9. Latte (coffee), preferable Eggnog Latte.
10.Looking for beach glass while walking on my favorite beaches.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Nevile is...a character. Neville did some pictures for us in October and will also be photographing the wedding. Hopefully it will not rain since the wedding and reception are outside, just under tents.
Friday, January 16, 2009
We went dancing the other night and there were at least two girls who I wished I could have given my sweater to. I felt so protective, like, this was my handsome vase I had to protect from the screeching masses.
I'm reminded of the verse in 1 Timothy that says a woman's beauty should come from- the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. Do we think that actually means QUIET? Like don't speak? No. Again, No. I imagine the loud-mouthed girls (I could marginally be considered one of those) reading that and saying, "Heck no, I'm never going to be beautiful if quiet is what it takes!" But it says a quiet spirit. How do you interpret quiet? How did Timothy interpret quiet? I think it means a spirit that has a gentle disposition towards others and a quiet spirit that can listen to the voice of God at any time in any circumstance. A listening, eager spirit. I can be silly and have a quiet spirit at the same time.
I can't be angry and hateful with a quiet spirit.I can guess the girls actually reading this have quite gentle and quiet spirits, but in the case that you need to re-check your spiritual thermometer: please be modest enough so that a blushing bride is only blushing because her groom is sweet-talking her, not because another woman is begging a look from the type of guy that isn't worth her efforts.I am so thankful for the God-hearted women that have invested their knowledge and wisdom in my life. I'm also thankful for the prodigal daughters, I desire for you to relish in the great day your heart is reconciled to the fierce and unfading love He has had for you all along.
Each day I see more and more how directly a wedding and marriage reflect the love and covenant relationship God has for us. Thank you, God, for so many reflections in this life, though dim they are, of your great love for us.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
It was like the time between when Ramon and I first met. In the dream we started hanging out a lot, like everyday and every night as friends and I started to fall in love with him but didn't really realize it. He became my best friend and I didn't want to be apart from him. Then one day Ramon said he was engaged to be married May 2nd. I told him I was also engaged but getting married a few weeks later. He asked who I was going to marry and I couldn't remember. I had forgotten, it was like no other man existed in my mind except Ramon and my mind was blank. I asked who he was marrying and he wouldn't tell me. I panicked and felt like my life was crumbling because I wanted to be with Ramon, all day everyday forever and someone else was going to get him and I was going to be with someone else; star-crossed! I started thinking, "What if I married Ramon instead? Can I do that? Everyone in society knows who I'm marrying and it's announced, we have a registry, a blog, everything, can I just switch grooms like that?" I was really distressed about the whole thing. Then Ramon walked me somewhere into a room where there were a ton of people who yelled, "SURPRISE!" and I thought it was for him, but when I looked around, there were pictures everywhere of Ramon and me and I was so relieved to discover I was going to be marrying the one I truly loved, my best friend, Ramon.